Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Cyberbullying-Will It End or Not?

The new form of bullying in this day and age isn't going to stop anytime soon. Honestly, it's beyond devastating to see kids not only see their bullies in school, but now also online. The torment never ends for them and while schools have adopted this zero tolerance policy towards online bullying, there's no way the school can monitor every movement by the so-called ''bully''. I feel like it's beyond frustrating that no one wants to set an example to stop someone from bullying. I've seen examples of schools setting up a ''No Bully'' club to help set awareness to kids and how bullying takes place. But besides possibly at the beginning of school and when a story goes viral about a teen taking their lives from bullying, when are we really exposed and challenged to help change the actions of bullies.

I was bullied in grade school mostly and there were days I wanted it to stop and yeah, I'll admit there were days I'd cry myself to sleep and not tell my mom because I didn't want her to know. But the thing is, I had no clue where to begin and who to ask for help. And it was mostly because I was too afraid to ask for help. Eventually things got better and now I look back on the days I was bullied and honestly those situations have made me a stronger person. There's no day that if I see someone being bullied and needed help, I will come to their rescue and help stop the tormentor. We need more people to stand up and tell the person being bullied that they're beautiful and they shouldn't stop being who they are. To the bullies, we need to tell them that it's not right, that their actions and words cause scars physically and mentally forever in the victim's mind and that's not right. EVER.



''Nobody can hurt me without my permission''

                                                      -Gandi




1 comments:

Unknown said...

I also had similar experiences with bullying, and I believe we have come along way since then and have made leaps and bounds to protect ourselves and the younger generation from this senseless bullying. I have watched teens react to Amanda Todd, and am happy to know that there are more teens who care about what is happening out there, and they gave great advise, so I do believe it may end someday, just not soon.

Post a Comment