Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Original Horror Movies

I'm sure everyone's heard of The Ring (and it's sequels), One Missed Call, etc. but I don't think many of us have seen the original movies and know where they've came from. Well to burst your bubble, The Ring (American Version) isn't where it started first. It started in Japan where it was a novel and then became the hit series of movies called Ringu, Ringu 2, Rasen, Sadako 3D,etc. The Japanese version I have to admit, made me not sleep for days on end unlike the American remake. Horror movies these days in the US seem to not scare people much anymore like the old days and I'm talking like 70's/80's horror movies. Yes, there are some that have been scream and cover your eyes worthy, but let's face it, the premise of horror movies just seem to be the same over and over again. Now, if you really want some horror movies to watch and I mean "Holy S***!" cover your eyes or scream worthy ones, then you should definitely watch the originals of the Ring and such. If you don't believe me that the original Ringu is so good, just look at the reviews. A 97% rating (good) on Rotten Tomatoes vs a 71% for the American remake of The Ring. I'll stop here from babbling on and let you guys determine if you like the trailers of all the original horror movies that Japan and Korea have done:


The Ringu


The Ringu 2


Ju-On:



One Missed Call:





One Missed Call 2:




Tomie:





0 comments:

Post a Comment