Monday, June 9, 2014

Kpop



Back in 2009, I was introduced to K-pop by my friend of a guy named Taeyang in his MV "Where U At?". At first I didn't know that he was part of the group named Big Bang either. But I thought we was talented and I started to really like his voice, so that's when I looked and researched on Google for info on Big Bang. After I looked up the group, I went to Youtube and looked up all their songs and there were some that I loved and some that I didn't and that's normal in the K-pop world. Eventually I started googling more and more groups that debuted and in the same debut company that Big Bang was in, was 2NE1. I think the reason I liked them more than Girls Generation or other girl groups is because they were more edgy in style and songs. There were some songs that I did like by Girls Generation as the years went by, but I know that if I had to choose, I'd always choose 2NE1 over Girls Generation no doubt. The male group that I mostly like is B.A.P and BtoB since they seem like a huge group of dorks. I actually got the chance to see B.A.P in concert back in April and even though I'm pretty sure I was deaf for the night from 5,000 whistles blowing, it was still an AMAZING concert and I'm definitely going back if they have another concert in the area.




I'm sure everyone knows PSY by now with his Gangnam Style, but now he has also released Gentleman and Hangover ft. Snoop Dogg. Hangover was just released yesterday and already has 5 million views on Youtube. I just dislike that people think he's a goofy Korean guy when in reality he's a humble man, but let's face it, he wouldn't be popular if he didn't choose to do Gangnam Style, Gentlemen, and Hangover ft. Snoop Dogg.



Then last year, I got introduced to Korean Rap and I'm even pickier on the genre than I am for K-pop lol. If I don't find the song or rapper good enough, I won't listen to it and yes it sounds harsh, but I'm not imposing my feelings on anyone else but myself XD

Here's some of the rappers I like that were underground before they became mega popular:

Tasha/Yoon Mi Rae (half african american and half korean):


L.E., Feeldog, and Junhyung (She's towards the end):




Drunken Tiger:





Check them out and see what you think!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I went through a kpop phase a few years ago, but I never really got too into the music side. Instead I fell in love with many of the kpop band members as actors in various dramas. That is one of the things though that I love about YouTube and Hulu, normally this entertainment would be difficult to get our hands on outside of Korea but because of these sites, we can become fans of entertainment made half way around the world with little restraint.

Post a Comment