Monday, June 2, 2014

Studio Ghibli

I remember the old days before I knew what anime and anime movies were. I used to just sit there and be oblivious/amazed by the artwork put into for just creating a movie or show. But now with more than probably over 100 shows & movies I've watched, one never goes away and that would be Studio Ghibli (株式会社スタジオジブリ). I can't remember how many times I've rewatched Spirited Away (千と千尋の神隠し), Kiki's Delivery Service (
魔女の宅急便), etc. But one thing that always suprises my friends that don't know Studio Ghibli is when I tell them of Howl's Moving Castle. 

You guys know Christian Bale?

Yes this one....


And this one...








Well he voiced this guy named Howl....



I'm sure all your man dreams have been crushed by a guy you know as a badass, but yes he voiced Howl in the American Dub of Howl's Moving Castle. But don't get your hopes down, he was the only reason I decided to stick out the dub because honestly, American dubs of the originals suck horribly and I mean HORRIBLY. For some odd reason though, Miyazaki knows how to pick the actors to voice his characters pretty good.



Overall, no matter how many times Miyazaki produces films, I'd still honestly watch them even if they were meant for a different age group such as his film Ponyo (meant for children so was Spirited Away, My Neighbor Totoro, and Kiki's Delivery Service)


While I am sad that Miyazaki retired after he completed The Tales of Princess Kaguya, I know that it'll be in good hands hopefully with his son now taking over the studio.

Check them out below:

Ponyo:







Spirited Away:






Princess Mononoke:




Howl's Moving Castle:





 The Secret World of Arrietty:




From Up on Poppy Hill:





The Wind Rises:





Tales of Princess Kaguya:






 p.s. Studio Ghibli (pronounced JIBLI) also has a museum in Mitaka, Japan where the studio also produces museum only short films too.












2 comments:

Rie said...

I liked "The Secret World of Arrietty" a lot. I've been to the Ghibli Museum in Mitaka. It's really cool to see Miyazaki's hand-drawn storyboards displayed there. There's also a Neko-bus that kids can get on inside the museum. Mitaka is a very random suburban city of Tokyo, so it's kind of hard to access to. I've also passed by the Dhibli Studio. It could be in a different location now, but it was on a residential street and was really small, considering how successful their films are.

Unknown said...

I've watched Howl's Moving castle so many times and never knew Howl was Christian Bale! That's awesome, Ghibli never dissapoints.

Post a Comment